Go, freedom! No, not you.  

Posted by Ryan Sproull in

Ayn Rand:
Justifying being an arsehole since 1961.


I just stumbled across this little gem. It's a blogging site. Yay! And anyone is free to join up. Yay! Except only if you agree with the Bernstein Declaration, which is this massive diatribe about how great capitalism is. In the FAQ:


So I click on "bugger off", and am told... "BUGGER OFF NIHILIST", followed by a picture of Michael Moore from Team America. Missing comma aside, how on earth does not being a capitalist equate to nihilism? Well, the guy's a massive Ayn Rand fan, and she ranted about the nihilism being taught in public schools and stuff. What kind of things can you have on a blog at this site?


You can't promote anything that's illegal in your country. Or any sort of nihilism such as: anti-capitalism, anti-science, anti-technology, anti-private-property, anti-individual-rights, etc.

Clearly, "nihilism" means "things I don't like". Anyway, that's today's comedy.

This entry was posted on Saturday, January 13 at Saturday, January 13, 2007 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 thoughts

Anonymous  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
3:34 PM, January 13, 2007
Anonymous  

10 years ago I started reading Atlas Shrugged, but it was so mindnumbingly boring that I stopped about a third of the way in. I think this may be a world record.

This year I'm starting on Ulysses, which I'm expecting will be more Irish and sexy and less mindnumbingly boring. I hope to make it further than a third of the way.

5:27 PM, January 14, 2007
Anonymous  

Shame on you, picking on a dead children's entertainer.

8:07 AM, January 15, 2007

Post a Comment