RIP RAW  

Posted by Ryan Sproull

Robert Anton Wilson
1932 - 2007


In the year 2000, I went a little nuts. I basically had a kind of breakdown, where I could no longer handle the corporate IT job I had. You know that thing where you stare at a word for too long and it ceases to have any meaning? Everything around me was like that. So I quit my job, gave away most of my stuff, bought a backpack and headed south. I ended up in Christchurch.


That was where a friend lent me The Illuminatus! Trilogy, by Robert Anton Wilson (and Robert Shea). This was back when I was a Christian, before I had any idea what anarchism was about, etc. The ideas in the book, and the way they were conveyed, had a significant impact on me.


In retrospect.


Anyway, he's dead now. It's been a long time coming.


“If you think you know what the hell is going on,
you're probably full of shit.”
Robert Anton Wilson

This entry was posted on Friday, January 12 at Friday, January 12, 2007 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 thoughts

Like a tired child home from a very wild circus . . .

(btw, if you haven't read The Widow's Son, do, it's a good laugh).

1:16 PM, January 13, 2007
Anonymous  

Heh. Elvis with a minigun...
Love that book.

8:08 PM, January 15, 2007

Post a Comment