The Rock Against War - update  

Posted by Ryan Sproull in

Okay, things are progressing. A date is set: Friday, March 23rd. A venue is set: The Bluestone Room, which is sponsoring the event, thank you kindly. There will be animations from Bushflash.com playing on the projector and TV screens along the sides. Still confirming the last of the bands, but they're good, and I have an erection. Posters will appear on Monday, leaflets will be distributed at events like the march on the US consulate and the Carnival Against Carmageddon. Speakers confirmed are... me. Nandor and Bomber to confirm. Or get back to me. Good music, though. And Monteith's!

Anyone with astoundingly good ideas on how I can raise the $1000 bond for the venue, email me on watakiATgmail.com

This entry was posted on Tuesday, February 27 at Tuesday, February 27, 2007 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 thoughts

Damn. I have a clash - Bliss is that night..

Is this a late one or an evening event?

3:43 PM, February 27, 2007

It'll go till 1 or 2ish, I expect. Doors open at 7, first band around 8.

3:47 PM, February 27, 2007
Anonymous  
This comment has been removed by the author.
12:18 PM, March 24, 2007
Anonymous  

Great night, for what it's worth. I've only seen the first band, and they were fantastic. Great energy, and all the musicians in the band were complementing each other to result in an awesome segment.

Also, I managed to talk to Bomber (Briefly) about AltTV, racial tolerance and polling.

It was a rewarding night for me. Shame about the technical delays, though. Oh well.

Bottom line, kudos for organizing the night, Ryan.

12:20 PM, March 24, 2007

Post a Comment