I Not Chinese Lady, I Thai Lady  

Posted by Ryan Sproull in


F&P alien foetus incubators:
manufactured in New Zealand, but for how long?


The EPMU is at least a little concerned about 350 jobs going offshore in Fisher & Paykel's leap overseas, but even they seem fairly resigned to the nature of New Zealand's current economic climate. One of the reasons given, however, is the Thai labour market.

No doubt things are a little more business-friendly there, as the Thai Labour Campaign explains. One sad feature of modern unionism is the lack of international solidarity, where unions represent only the interests of their own workers, often with little or no consideration for worker rights abroad. If Fisher & Paykel won't be providing similar labour conditions and effective pay rates to those in New Zealand, isn't there a moral issue at stake here too? It will be interesting to see what kind of conditions our washing machines will be made under after the move to Thailand is made.


This entry was posted on Friday, April 27 at Friday, April 27, 2007 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 thoughts

Anonymous  

There's always a place for ihug folklore!

My name is Lin 33 yos, single, slim, honest, gentle and caring love music, reading, children, animals & cooking, N/D N/S but I am NOT a Chinese lady. I am Thai lady. I come from Thailand and finished university from Thailand I need someone for marry with me. If you interest me, call me ******* (evening everyday).

6:53 PM, April 27, 2007

Post a Comment