Just Say No  

Posted by Ryan Sproull in




Finally, I have quit smoking. Now, I feel like I can do anything. So I'm going to quit sleeping. You can read about polyphasic sleeping here. I've tried it before and failed miserably, so this will likely be a catalogue of my failure again.

In order to facilitate the schedule...


  • I have quit alcohol.

  • I have quit processed sugar.

  • I have quit caffeine.

  • I have quit any semblance of a social life.

  • I have rerolled on World of Warcraft.



  • First entry

    Last night I slept for five hours, getting up at 6am. I attempted a 30-minute nap at 8am (I'll be sleeping on 4's, 8's and 12's), which was fairly easy, because my workplace has a sickbay with a bed. Eventually I'll get found out, no doubt, but in the meantime I'll keep using it.

    Didn't get to sleep for about 10 minutes. Was awoken by some loud bang 15 minutes later. Going again at 12.

    This entry was posted on Monday, May 28 at Monday, May 28, 2007 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

    2 thoughts

    This comment has been removed by the author.
    7:45 PM, May 28, 2007

    Good luck!

    Here's the log of my friend's unsuccessful attempt (starts at the bottom).

    I'd try, but there's nowhere to nap at work.

    7:46 PM, May 28, 2007

    Post a Comment