Hole in Space?  

Posted by Ryan Sproull in





The answer to this must be something really simple that I'm overlooking. I first found this about 10 years ago, got a maths exercise book, cut the pieces out, and still couldn't work it out.
It is weird.


This entry was posted on Friday, January 4 at Friday, January 04, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

5 thoughts

Thing is, the line sloping down the 'triangle' isn't actually straight. The green one decend two squares over a distance of 5 squares, the red one 4 over 8.

Arranged one way it kinks slightly inward, another slightly outward.

Suffice to say, I didn't work this out for myself.

11:48 AM, January 04, 2008

Aw.

I was hoping for a hole in space.

Mystery solved, though :)

11:59 AM, January 04, 2008

Ryan: Don't believe Lyndon's lies! There is a hole in space. If you truly believe it - if you believe with all ur heart - then the hole is there. ****hugz****

8:23 PM, January 06, 2008

If you had cut it out it should've been obvious... unless you had really blunt scissors or shaky hands...

1:29 PM, January 10, 2008

Oh, I was probably drunk. But no, scissoring was never my strong point. Thus my dashed hopes of being a world-renowned seamstress.

7:48 PM, January 10, 2008

Post a Comment