Plagiarism  

Posted by Ryan Sproull in , ,


"Will there ever be a boy born who can swim faster than a shark?"

Season three, episode six of Veronica Mars is all about Veronica trying to clear her name from plagiarism allegations. Meanwhile, her awesome boyfriend Logan keeps writing a few seconds after an exam is finished. The lecturer doesn't accept his paper.

He asks, "Do you have any idea who I am?"

The lecturer says, "No, and I don't care."

And Logan puts his exam inside the pile and walks off.

Ahem.



Still, I like the Veronica Mars writers enough to give them the benefit of the doubt and believe this was a witty little joke about plagiarism. After all, they did the cool homage to Lebowski - "You're entering a world of pain, Larry" - and didn't make a big deal about it. I make a big deal for them. I'm like that.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, January 15 at Tuesday, January 15, 2008 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 thoughts

I was a little bit annoyed by the total ad rip off thing, but I think it was an ad in the US before it was an ad here, and so that makes it better, because it's obviously a pop culture reference rather than them trying to take credit for someone else's ideas. Right? Right?

Man I love me some Veronica, even if Season Three was not as awesome as the other two.

12:23 PM, January 29, 2008

Post a Comment