"Tangible Evidence of Behavioral Correction"  

Posted by Ryan Sproull in


"The funny thing is, on the outside, I was an honest man, straight as an arrow. I had to come to prison to be a crook." - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

I also experienced a different type of peer pressure. My first day out, I was approached by a succession of other prisoners, echoing the same guidance as the first guy: "We don't 'bang' here; we don't play [prison] politics, racial or any other kind; and we respect every one, including the guards." That speech has been an indelible part of my daily living for the past six years.


For more, check out: My Shawshank Redemption by Dortell Williams.


This entry was posted on Wednesday, November 12 at Wednesday, November 12, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 thoughts

Post a Comment